Monday, September 2, 2013

News from the Mimbres


I've been so busy this summer there hasn't been time to post anything!  Here are a few pictures of what's been going on in the studio.
This is some handspun yarn...now off the bobbin and hanging to dry. I'd purchased the merino/silk fiber from Red Fish....just lovely to spin and great colors.

I liked how this picture came out soft and muted.  It is a fingering weight silk yarn that I've dyed in the desert jewels.

Just showing lots of new colors in fingering weight wools...mostly superwash merino and blue face Leicester.  Several are 3ply so great for socks

Lots of new silk colors and different sizes from 30/2 on up to bulky weight.

This last batch of carded sari silk fiber was exquisite.  I quickly sold out of the blended mix and have a new batch coming.  I think it will be just as lovely.  These are custom dyed for the bright colors.

This electric winder has come in so handy.  I purchased it from Kathy at Unique Designs by Kathy and I use it all the time.  It's been great fun to be able to work in the shade of my studio out in the fresh air.  I've got a loom and sometimes spinning wheel out on the patio!  I'm getting ready to warp out doors on the warping board hanging for ease of winding. Time to make scarves and towels for fall festivals!  One more festival to travel to...A Wool Gathering in Yellow Springs, Ohio...then a couple more close to home.  I'm so looking forward to December it's been such a big year!

No comments:

Post a Comment