Tuesday, February 28, 2017

The Living Space







The clutter of this room depicts a place 
Neglected colors hues and earth tones laid 
Aside for contemplated use. Baskets 
Of conventional stuff set in odd places, wheels 
Half full with yarn that's dangling into the fuzz. 

Oak baskets made by my own hands and that 
Of the master craftsman grace this room's disarray. 
Dried flowers yarn and seed await their destiny 
Of useful purpose garden loom or wheel. 

The state of clutter reflects my mind I reach 
For glories neglected long ago. The tasks 
Once left in search of knowledge laid temptingly 
Before me by skilled hands far greater than mine. 
And peace far stiller than any I had had. A home 
Left in disarray far greater than my mind.

by Lynnae

 - long ago....needs a bit of updating, but
still pertinent

No comments:

Post a Comment