Saturday, June 1, 2013

Sewing with Kimono Silk

The Albuquerque Fiber Arts Fiesta was so great this year! Part of it that I was able to take credit cards...everyone uses plastic any more!  I am so pleased and thank everyone who supported my little cottage industry...The Weaver's Cottage/Chamomile Connection did great!  Staying with my friend Carry, an avid and wonderful seamstress, tends to get me motivated to sew and try new things.  So, purchasing a pattern from Encore I began the vest and feel it was rather successful.  I have a few more embellishments to add and can post that later.  Here is the vest!
Ikat Kimono Silk Fabric 
The yoke is a lovely rust colored kimono scrap that has textural lines and the back is a soft silk from Thailand a lighter rust with flower designs.  It is fully lined with the "silk" from Cambodia that turned out not to be silk...but a lovely soft grey lining (the purple washed out in the washer even on cold and with vinegar!) So, it is actually reversible if I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment