Sunday, April 7, 2013

First Yarn of the season

I began dyeing fiber this spring and getting my color sense tweaked in again.  Came up with some great new colorways.  Then dyed some yarn. It was OK, but not quite what I was looking for, so over dyed it and came up with something really nice.


Kathy Withers of Unique Designs by Kathy showed me a neat technique of spinning elastic yarn.  I love the organic cotton fiber, and I've found I love spinning it with the elastic to make it more springy.  Someone asked me what it would look like crocheted so I made a baby headband with a crocheted flower.

This yarn gives nicely no matter what fiber it is spun from and makes great cuffs or brims of hats, or overall in a hat would be great too.  I usually knit, but the crochet challenge worked beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment